The champagne has been cold for some time now. There is a pretty girl on the platform ready to break the bottle. It's time for the official launching of this blog site. The question remains, as it has for some time in my mind, will this effort be sustainable? How will the person with the dullest life imaginable be able to find anything interesting to blog about and will I find the fortitude to sit down and ooze witticisms and wisdom on a daily basis. I have tried journaling before. In fact, I just unpacked a notebook from a box of old papers in the garage that contained an introduction to journaling for the rest of my life (not unlike this very effort) in which I promised to faithfully scribe the events of each future day. The introduction, however, is the only thing in the journal, the remaining blank pages a silent testimony to my absolute failure in that noble endeavor.
So understanding the danger, having experienced utter failure in the past, and with faint heart and mild trepidation, I say, "Let's get on with it." The last time, I recall being afraid someone might find it and read it. This time, I'm afraid they won't. I have long held the notion that someday I would acquire the habit of sitting down to write every day. Today might just be that day. I know after reading this you are probably saying, "Don't quit your day job!" And don't worry, if I had one I wouldn't. So go ahead and break the champagne, knock out the chocks, and let's hit the water with a huge splash. If it sinks, after all, it is a submarine.
1 comment:
Let me be the first to comment then! I found you by clicking on 'wine making' in my interests, and then scrolling down the pages. Keep up the blogging - it is curiously addictive. If you check mine, you will see that I don't have much to say, but I say it often.
Post a Comment